APOS: Shilovo 1942 DLC

I purchased the latest DLC Shilovo 1942 for Achtung Panzer Operation Star.  A summer campaign, the map and missions take place near the Shilovo bridgehead west of Voronezh I believe.

I haven't tried any of the campaign yet but I did try a quick skirmish near the bridgehead.
The campaign map.

I typically play the Germans in APOS.  For the skirmish I selected motorized Pioneer platoons, light tanks and a heavy weapons platoon.  To cross the bridge under fire and get up onto the height though, I should have brought artillery.

The bridge and the height beyond.  You can see the Russian Orthodox Spire in the distance.  A throwback to the time of the Czar...
The attack is underway.  The initial defense by the Russian commander put an anti-tank platoon on my side of the river to defend the crossing.  I lost a tank to this platoon as I approached the bridge.  Russian infantry were also lining the riverbanks standing waist high in the river firing on my men.  My mortars targeted the bank not the river and I lost another tank when I approached.

I am sure those gullies ahead of me will be full of Russian infantry.  German tanks in the foreground fire on Russian positions across the river.
More to follow soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Tiller's Campaign Series - Buy It Now

Maxwell's Marauders: Find the Observation Post

Edson's Ridge